.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Case For Progress :: Technology Technological Papers

The Case For Progress This assignment doesnt scare me. Im tackling it with WordPerfect 9 on my nice, new VAIO Pentium 4. Its way more decent than that last hunk of scrap, whatever it was caled, but Im undisputable its not nearly as amazing a s whatever theyl think of next. Progress is such an exciting thing. It boggles the take care to think that, once upon a time, man made his way by means of the world with nothing but sticks and stones and his wits and no WordPerfect 9. Are scientists unequivocal t hat those guys were the same species as us? If so, weve certainly prominent up a lot.We overcame nature, for one thing. The primitives did rain dances. We stick irrigation and central thaw and cooling. Weve managed to figure out how things work. Ev en 500 years ago, sight thought the universe revolved around the Earth. Now we know around atoms and quarks and general relativity and evolution, and prety soon wel have anti -mater thrusters. Everyone fair builds on what everyon e before them figured out, with each discovery making it meteoric and easier to discover things, and progress just happens and goes faster and faster until its a blur, like its powered by anti -mater thrusters and you can merely keep track of itThere are a lot more reasons t han irrigation to have faith in progress. Look at the allay its given us. I mean, if I want pain, I have to go find it. I have to pick a adjure or do stupid bike tricks until I wipe out. just now if I were a caveman, I would probably be covered in tooth s cars, have a spear wound in my bely, and screw every day in fear of being brain -raped by a saber -toothed tiger fang. And everything is so easy these days. If Im hungry, do I have to go try to kill something or start planting seeds? No, I just toss some Chef Boyardee in the microwave. If I want new girlie pictures I just log onto the internet. How did people get more nudie pics hundreds of years ago, I wonder? Probably had to immerse it themselves or s omething. Speaking ofthe internet, how great an exa mple is that? People used to think that there were other countries that were ful of people who were stupid or mean or backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment